Friday, November 27, 2015

James 1:17

I'm thankful for bitter icy mornings, speckled sunshiny fall afternoons, the chaos of wild spring thunderstorms, and summer days so hot that even the wasps are too lazy to fly.
I'm thankful for peppermint hot chocolate and vintage Christmas lights, pumpkin donuts and glittery decorations.
I'm thankful for a little red car that likes to speed, a little pink house that's usually cold, and a little white kitchen full of vintage goodness.
I'm thankful for beautiful journals filled with beautiful words in beautiful handwriting.
I'm thankful for a little yellow classroom where learning, love, life, and much Spanish is spoken.
I'm thankful for the 19 little faces who fill that little yellow classroom with stories, lessons, personalities, and memories.
I'm thankful for pretty pens, brown moccasins, and cute glasses.
I'm thankful for black fur on my dress pants, catnip on the kitchen floor, and the tear in the shower curtain that ensures I am never alone.
I'm thankful for warm quilts, Cherry sno-cones, and brand new pencils.
I'm thankful for muddy pawprints, puppy whines, and big brown eyes when I've been away from home for too long.
I'm thankful for sour candy, giggly girls, and movies that last too long.
I'm thankful for a beautiful brown-eyed boy who calls me Court and chases me with a shark.
I'm thankful for fireflies and the fourth of July, cookies and cocoa, and rain-cooled April afternoons.
I'm thankful for a chubby blue-eyed baby boy who makes sure I never enjoy a Dr. Pepper alone.
I'm thankful for Breakfast at Tiffany's, beautiful dolls, and JFK.
I'm thankful for a lanky little monkey who lives so far away but loves me anyway.
I'm thankful for old Country records, worn in boots, and bluebonnets in the spring.
I'm thankful for friends who've laughed and cried with me, who've written lesson plans for me, who always remember to bring me Dr. Peppers, and who chose to see the best in me, most especially when I can't.
I'm thankful for s'mores on a campfire, Palo Duro sunsets, and the sound of crickets on a July night while out checking pivots.
I'm thankful for a family that loves hard, who keeps it real, who makes me madder than a hornet and can still make me laugh until my cheeks hurt.
I'm thankful for pearls and Christmas ornaments with years of memories.
I'm thankful for a momma who will always tell me it will be ok and a daddy who will always tell me to "Cowgirl Up."
I'm thankful for cold days, warm blankets, Doritos, and DVRs.
I'm thankful for a country that is fighting to maintain freedom around the world, and even more thankful that I've always known what that freedom is, thanks to the generosity and service of others.
I'm thankful for Texas, may her Lone Star forever fly.
I'm thankful for those who spent Thanksgiving in Heaven this year, whose love and life gave me mine.
And most of all, I'm so very thankful for the outrageous love of a Savior who willing offered His life for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment