Monday, December 21, 2015

Laughter and little pretzel dogs

True confessions - I LOVE shopping during the Christmas rush. Cassie does not. Let me digress for a minute.
Now in case you missed it, here's a recap of my morning:
It's a lovely vacation morning, which means I am enjoying a Coke and Christmas Tree brownie, soaking in the steaming tub, sipping on an ice-cold Coke. (I only drink Coke at Christmas because Santa approves and who am I to argue with Santa?) Cassie is on her way with her weekly laundry.
LOUD BANGING ON DOOR
Me: Come in, you know where I am.
BANGBANGBANG
Me: CASSIE!! Don't make me get outta this tub...
Bambambamm
Me: USE THE FLIPPING KEY!!!
BANGBANGBANG
Me: OH MY GOSH. I'M COMING! And you're going to wish I wasn't!
Get to the door to see the workman next door running back across the yard....
🙊
So after this occurs,we decide to brave the crowds and shop in the beautifully decorated and peacefully quiet stores. (Right?! Right...) I need a good deal on a large purchase, so I put on my "I'm a 30-year-old professional but I'm off today" outfit, while proselytizing to Cassie on how much better I am treated when I am dressed professionally, or at least semi-professionally. (Oh the irony) In an attempt to make things go faster, I go to Best Buy Mobile in the mall, presuming she can take the kidlets to the playplace while I attempt to snag a "too-good-to-be-true" deal. Hagen shares his momma's dislike of the hustle and bustle, so about 10 minutes into my haggling, the boys and Cassie come to check on me. They are all contentedly munching on tiny pretzel dogs. I promise them it will be a few more minutes and they mosey on out. After those few minutes, it becomes apparent that it is indeed too-good-to-be-true for this broke millennial, so I am scurrying out of the store with my bruised dignity. Just as I reach the mall entrance, I slide across the floor into a bin of discount cell phone cases and catch myself about 2 inches from the floor. I yell, "Whaaaat was that?!" and look down to see - a tiny pretzel dog! The attendant rushes up and begins apologizing and I'm trying desperately to flee with the shards of my dignity. I get to the entrance of the mall and absolutely lose it laughing!! There was a time when I would have bawled over any of those isolated, silly incidences. But oh my golly friends, it was just so funny! The whole thing was such a comedy of errors - priceless!! Laughter is a much better response than bruised pride that leads to anger and regret. Laugh on my friends!!

(And, for what it's worth, I left Kohl's with 5 gifts for $53 and $10 in Kohl's Cash. I "saved" $79, so it was still a great day! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment